DiveLine is a computer and communication device for divers to have a safer and more enjoyable experience underwater. DiveLine will be built on the expertise of DSPComm underwater wireless communications technology used in diverse markets around the globe for 15years. The wireless communication technology of DSPComm (using acoustics) is mature, proven and unparalleled in performance and reliability compared with any other competitor technology available today.
DiveLine will be built on this core communications technology adding features that will make this product into an easy to use and enjoyable product that provides a key life line for your safety and staying connected with your dive buddys and with the surface.
- Two way messaging – send preset messages between yourself, your buddys as well as the boat. These messages can be customized to the dive
Wireless communication range up to 2km. The communications work in shallow water (1m) as well as deep water.
- Communication set up in a network. Add any number of divers. We have developed an underwater ad-hoc mesh network that is fast and reliable.
OLED color display for clear readability even at night
- Facility to send air pressure to the boat as well as the team leader. The device will remind the diver to check air pressure every two to three minutes and update the boat/team leader via the device. We think that this will prompt the diver to check air pressure regularly. If air pressure is not updated an alert will be sent to the boat as well as a flashing LED to remind the diver.
- Navigation – Compass, Attitude of diver to horizon, direction and distance to boat or other diver. Find the boat or other diver quickly and reliably.
- SOS – sets an automated homing signal in case diver is distressed
- Device on boat shows location of divers on screen as well as their air pressure. Shows divers who have not updated air pressure and may be in distress. Ability to send messages to other divers to go to the assistance of distressed diver. Send messages to individual divers or broadcast messages. For example a recall message.
- Menus to navigate received messages, transmit messages, Navigation view, Air pressure view. In later models we will incorporate dive algorithms to replace dive computers.
- WiFi connection to set up DiveLine (connect with smart phone app), down load data as well as update firmware
- Wireless Charging – allows divers to carry a back-up power bank even for charging underwater wirelessly.
- 16 hour operation before re-charge
- Intended to be worn on the fore-arm. Size 11cm x 7.6cm x 3cm